Monday, August 22, 2011

Thank you Switzerland


Riding home on a plane to USA, it was fun to reflect on our time in Switzerland. We thoroughly enjoyed our time. We came wanting to immerse ourselves in the culture . . . and we did. For example, I (someone who didn't prepare meat for 17 years) started fires and grilled Cervelats (the Swiss equivalent of an American Hot Dog) like the rest of the country on sunny summer afternoons. The friendly, honest, and very thoughtful Swiss people made us feel welcome. So much so, I waved the Swiss flag on their national holiday. I enjoyed and I learned to like obeying Swiss laws (as everyone else did), and now wish more societies followed their own laws as a matter of routine. Most of all, living aboard gave me chance to see the world from a new fresh perspective. It will help me to enjoy the little pleasures and treasures in life. And, it renewed my optimism that we can do great things once we agree on the goal and follow through. Viva Switzerland.

No comments:

Post a Comment